The LGMC ten-month program provides the foundation for a lifelong commitment to civic engagement by creating awareness of key issues facing the region, and challenges leaders to bring about positive change in the community.
Each year, 32 McHenry County leaders from all sectors of the community are selected for our ten-month program dedicated to educating and inspiring them to engage in community leadership.
The year begins with an orientation followed by a two-day retreat. Leaders meet each month, September-May, and graduate in June.
The first five session focus on local topics: Leadership • Education • Law & Justice • Healthcare • Government
The next four sessions challege participants to work collaboratively in teams to explore and present issues of interest. These days also serve as a call to action for them to become involved and positively impact the community.
- Provides networking opportunities and contact with influential leaders.
- Builds awareness of issues and challenges facing McHenry County.
- Broadens perspective to prepare individuals to lead more effectively in their careers and in the community.
- Provides an unparalleled opportunity to recognize, grow, and enrich the skills of your organization’s identified leaders.
- Builds powerful connections and fosters communication among leaders in your organizarion and the community.
- Establishes a vital link allowing your organization to influence and shape the future of McHenry County.
- Develops more knowledgeable and motivated leaders with appreciation for current and future issues.
- Broadens the pool of community leaders.
- Encourages partnerships and collaboration between public and private sectors.
- To create more knowledgeable leaders in our community.
- To develop a leadership resource pool for the entire Greater County Community and its municipalities.
- To establish a network of diverse individuals to enhance opportunities for future partnership to promote more effective Community Leadership.